Impact Mapping Online Course
There will always be new user problems. Here's how to tell which ones are worth solving.
Being clear on the strategic impact of a problem is key to battling unclear priorities -- and Impact Mapping is the tool that will get you there
Product Discovery means answering two critical questions through a series of cross-functional activities:
- Is this a problem worth solving?
- Is this an idea worth pursuing?
To answer these questions, you need orientation. You need direction that goes beyond ticking the boxes of talking to users every week.
It should be clear to which strategic priority an idea is contributing and which change in user behavior you utilize to measure success.
One of the most effective ways to achieve that? Creating a shared understanding amongst team members, stakeholders, and management using Impact Mapping.
The 'Impact Mapping in Practice' Course
In this online course, you'll learn how to use Impact Mapping during Product Discovery to support your prioritization decisions and alignment efforts.
Impact Mapping will help you:
- Pick user problems that match the strategic intent of your company - meaning easier buy-in for discovery from internal stakeholders.
- Defining and sticking to success measures that go beyond outputs like release dates and number of future
- To set a clear priority for which user segment you want to solve problems, instead of optimizing for the average
- Clarify HOW you need to change the behavior of your users.
- Organize ideas, validation efforts, and trade-off decisions in one place, to improve stakeholder buy-in for Product Discovery
- Have a visual point of reference whenever you need to make decisions about which problem to solve and which idea to pursue.
In this course, you'll discover a step-by-step process to unclear Discovery Priorities using Impact Mapping -- includes my done-for-you templates to facilitate an Impact Mapping session, so you have everything you need to use this technique ASAP.
You'll learn two modalities of Impact Mapping:
- As a focused workshop with cross-functional participants.
- As a lightweight companion to document your Product Discovery efforts.
This means you'll be able to easily adapt this technique to the specific needs, processes, timelines, and stakeholders involved in your project.
Here’s What You’ll Get When You Sign Up
4 Video Lessons
The course includes three concise video lessons, walking you through the fundamentals of Impact Mapping, how it relates to Adaptable Product Discovery and specific examples and instructions on how to apply Impact Mapping in your next project.
Editable Templates and Real-Life Examples
You get all the materials you need to facilitate your Impact Mapping process. More than that, besides getting access to the same documents I use in own my workshops, I also share real-life examples of Impact Maps created in previous projects.
Proven Strategies and Tactics
The examples shared in the course are based on my experience as an in-house Product Manager and working with other Product Teams as a Product Coach. It’s applicable across industries and company sizes.
Get Started Now
Unlock life-long access to all course materials for just 97€ (excl. VAT)
About Your Teacher, Tim Herbig
As a Product Coach, Tim has helped dozens of teams do build better products through Product Discovery, Outcome Goals, and Tangible Product Strategy. Tim is the creator of the Adaptable Product Discovery method, which helps Product Teams navigate the challenges of non-linear Product Discovery, independent of their company size or industry.
Tim's work is informed by more than 10 years working as a Product Leader helping develop a broad range of B2C and B2B products.
It is his mission to enable organizations to help product teams become the best version of themselves. He's convinced that cross-functional teams’ real self-organization can only be built upon trust and given autonomy to democratize as many processes as possible around building products and organizations.