Product Strategy Training
Enable Focused Product Decision-Making
This training teaches you the skills and techniques to structure ongoing strategic thinking to communicate and implement Product Strategy choices.
Effective Product Strategy is about the ongoing and collaborative creation of coherent choices that allow Product Teams to execute with focus and a clear connection to their Vision.
- Understand the scope of Product Strategy and how it fits with your Company Strategy.
- Create an inspiring Strategic Narrative through a user-centered Product Vision and North Star Metric.
- Clearly define your Strategic "Playing Field" through prioritized audiences, the progress they care about, and the alternatives your product is up against.
- Align value proposition with audience jobs and focus on differentiators that help you get chosen over competitors.
- Execute your Product Strategy by connecting it to your OKRs, and Product Roadmap.
- Useful Product Strategy over Good Product Strategy
- Company Strategy vs. Product Strategy vs. Feature Strategy
- Connected Product Strategy Patterns to form Coherent Choices
- Product Vision and North Star Metric Development
- Audience Trees to identify Strategy Wedges
- Jobs-thinking and Value Proposition Design
- Differentiation Scoring
- Synthesizing and Communicating Product Strategy Choices through Statements and Frameworks
- Leading OKRs derived Product Strategy Choices
For whom is this Training?
- Heads of Product and VPs of Product looking for a new perspective on enabling the goal-definition and decision-making of product teams and departments.
- (Senior) Product Managers who want to provide their product teams clarity and inspiration beyond the next Sprint.
- Product Ops Managers, Agile Coaches, and Scrum Masters want to support product teams beyond Scrum rituals.
- UX and Engineering Product Team members want to engage in continuous strategic discussions beyond Product Delivery.
What’s included in a Training?
- Hands-on 1-, 2-, or 3-day live training
- Several practical examples and cases across industries and company sizes
- Plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the application in your context during the additional Office Hours
- Continued access to the Miro board (remote settings only), including all slides and exercises
- Further reading recommendations
- A really good time ;)
Request a Quote
For public live and self-paced Strategy training options,
check out my Path to Product Strategy Course.
What Others Have to Say
"Tim helped us in our product area to gain a uniform understanding of the topic of product strategy. In addition to the theory, the accompanying practical group work, in particular, ensured that what we had learned could be applied directly. When working with Tim, you notice that he has immense experience and can easily get to grips with new domains."
- Two (2) or Three (3) consecutive days of 4.5-hour sessions via Zoom and Miro, including enough breaks to stay sharp the entire time.
- One (1) or Two (2) days of 8-hour sessions on-site
Training Certificate and Continued Learning
- You can request a certificate of completion for your LinkedIn profile or as a PDF.
- You can continue your learning journey toward practical, Outcome-oriented practices through a 10% discount on my self-paced Product Strategy, Product OKRs, or Product Discovery course offerings.
Meet your Instructor, Tim Herbig
As a Product Management Coach and Consultant, Tim Herbig enables product teams to make more evidence-informed decisions in line with their strategic choices by connecting the dots of Product Strategy, OKRs, and Product Discovery.
For over 10 years, he has worked in various in-house and consulting roles as a Product Manager and Head of Product. I constantly challenged myself to make an evidence-informed way of working in industries like publishing, professional networking, and building Enterprise-level b2b SaaS applications. I know what it takes to balance large-scale product iterations with the scrappiness of a pre-Product-Market-Fit state.
He now helps product teams develop and implement better practices that help them progress in their context instead of chasing artificially created "best practices." I achieve that through hands-on training, coaching offerings, in-depth courses, and intriguing content.