Product Management Keynotes
Talks that Inspire, Educate, and Entertain
I regularly speak at conferences, meetups, and in-house events to educate and inspire teams about what it takes to build products that make a difference for customers, and the business.
Topics I cover in my Talks
Here's a preview of some of the topics I (typically) cover in my talks. Feel free to share any ideas with me for a different topics you'd like your audience to hear and educate on.
Product Discovery and Validation
- Covering my own experience with shifting from a Delivery-first mindset, from fixating on a static list of "Discovery Tasks", all the way to practicing my Scalable Product Discovery approach
- Making teams like Mission Briefing, Impact Mapping 2.0, and the Validation Field tangible
Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) for Product Teams
- Providing a unique lens for adopting this goal setting framework and its impacts on product topics like Roadmaps, Strategy, Product Discovery, as well as the ongoing learning and adaption findings.
Making Remote Collaboration work for Product Teams
- Sharing my own experience of leading partial and fully remote teams for more than 5 years
- What does it take to effectively communicate and collaborate as a distributed product team
- Which tactics, tools, and habits are especially important for product management disciplines like research, ideation, and cross-functional workshops in general?
Leading without hierarchical Power as a Product Manager
- Product Managers have to wear many hats, but that of a people manager isn't one of them.
- How can Product Managers lead the domain experts of their team without being able to default to traditional management techniques?
- Looking for a specific impulse to share with your audience? Let me know the details and we can discuss how to make a custom talk work for your event.
Interested in having me speak at your event?
- Drop me a line - Contact me and I will get back to you directly afterwards.
- Let's talk - In the initial briefing, we will discuss availability as well as the basic details of the event and you will receive an official price quote for the event in question.
- Acceptance & Planning - Nice! Now I'm officially on-board. In the planning-phase, the full details of the event are discussed and organized. As part of this process, there are a number of questions that are important both logistically and creatively, so that we can provide the best possible experience for all involved.
- The Event - You've done all you can to prepare for the event; we'll take care of the rest!
What Clients and Conference Organizers have to say about me
Somebody knows what he's talking about! Witty, rousing and always to the point! Thank you Tim, for infecting our organization!
Agile Organizational Development at OTTO
It was an absolute pleasure to have Tim as a speaker and contributor at our inaugural Product Leaders Weekend. Through his collaborative and outcome-focused mindset, he crafted an engaging and actionable talk for our audience of CPOs and Heads of Product. Tim also shared a wealth of product leadership insights ensuring high-quality group discussions throughout the event.
Co-Founder & Organizer at JAM London
Tim’s presentation at MTP Engage was one of our top-rated presentations this year. He delivered his talk in a clear way on all levels (slides, presentation, answering questions) and left no doubt about his expertise. For me as a curator Tim was a pleasure to work with. I appreciated that he sought our feedback to early iterations of his talk to make sure the final presentation fit with our audience as well as our curational concept.
Curator Mind the Product Engage Conference
Tim is what I call a full-stack speaker, engaging, fun, professional. From the moment we have set his speaking slot to now, several months past the Productized 2017, Tim has become a true conference partner, proving value not only during his delivery but also during the long tail of interactions post-event on medium posts, retweets and visualizations of his often cited talk online.
Founder & CEO Productized Conference